Based on the priorities established in RVBA’s strategic plan The Rondout Valley – A Destination, the organization focuses on the following areas:
RVBA promotes our local businesses and communities by:
- Highlighting local businesses through advertising, a Buy Local Campaign, and support for Small Business Saturday.
- Working with Ulster County Tourism and the other business organizations in the Valley, including the Rondout Valley Growers Association, Ellenville-Wawarsing Chamber of Commerce, and Esopus Business Alliance
- Featuring RVBA members through our website and social media, and providing member-to-member e-blasts
RVBA advocates for our local businesses and communities by:
- Supporting projects that improve the economy of the Rondout Valley and promote it as a destination
(Examples include the Williams Lake project in Rosendale, the Rondout Valley Rail Trail, and the Long Path)
- Working with local and county governments to advocate for legislation and other measures that support local businesses
- Holding public meetings to address issues that will stimulate economic development within the Valley.
RVBA is involved in our local businesses and communities by:
- Frequent communication with our members and the community via email and social media
- Actively engaging volunteers from our membership and our communities to support projects such as our Rondout Valley Garden Tour
The RVBA is excited to continue building on these efforts, but it can’t be done without your support. Please volunteer your time to help advance these goals and encourage others to join the RVBA!